'Baked' the Big Ben sequence without the UI or 'Bad TV' filters (pre-compose in AE world!) then brought it into a new sequence and re-applied them.
Rendered out a new sequence and all works well. Brought that back into the Remote Control sequence and now wait to see how that looks on FCP.
Will have to adjust the actors reactions to the new length and possibly have a full screen 'hit' of Big Ben for more impact - currently it's seen on a Mac monitor from the Dad and Daughter POV.
Almost there ...
After watching the film all the way through the feedback is that the Big Ben sequence is too quick.
So have gone back and extended. Also made the DMP bigger to allow more 'movement' within it. In order to fake a small amount of parallax I added some foreground rocks.
The long shot is that this is too much for Motion to cope with once you add all the filters and live action footage of debris and dust. Think it's down to the pixel size of the main background. At the moment it won't render properly.
Therefore tonight I will render out the background with live action added and all the motion effects. Then open a new project and add the UI effects and filters and do a final render and see if that works okay. May need breaking down more but see how we go!
End titles down so just this sequence to resolve and it's all done.
After some silly time wasting with the last VFX, Census is almost finished.
Soundtracks and end credits to be added and it's done.
Seem to have mislaid Mark's soundtrack for the scientist scene - I am sure I saved it - but will ask for another copy.
May need to make more of the Big Ben scene as it goes by quite quickly. But let's see once the music is added.
Still can't believe I have got this far ... :)